Friday, May 20, 2011

Lake of the Woods

As much as I loathed Kenora growing up (the school-systems suck, most of the adults act like pre-pubescent assholes, and well... you get the picture) moving away really helped me to appreciate the beauty of Lake of the Woods.






... and every time I come home, I make sure I get to Keric Funk Salon, Spa & Boutique. My stylist Jasmine is the only person I wholly trust with my hair. It's one of the few places on LOTW that makes a city girl like me feel like I fit in. I love all of the staff, the atmosphere, everything! I fucking love this place!




... and the main man himself - Keric Funk...




“Stepping into the Keric Funk Salon, Spa & Boutique is like stumbling upon a secret portal into another census district. The predominantly white interior is sleek and minimalist, furnished with the trendiest of mid-century modern pendant lamps and swivel chairs. The boutique sells high-end skin care products and designer accessories so ultra-stylish they’d be tough to track down in Toronto or Vancouver.” McLeans Magazine-November 29, 2004.



Another place on LOTW I make sure I get to at least once whenever I visit is the Plaza. The Plaza is a Greek restaurant in Kenora, with amazing Greek food and the best greek Avgolemono lemon soup I have ever tasted...in my life.




The last place I have to go to when I'm visiting home is The Cornerstone. My best friend Shanna has worked there for about a year and she is the most fabulous bartender around...







All in all... living in Kenora kind of sucks, however, visiting Lake of the Woods can be some of the most amazing experiences you could ever have.

Xo
-Alix Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment