Wednesday, May 11, 2011

YO-LANDI VI$$ER


I'm sure a lot of you have heard of 'Die Antwoord' now (or 'The Answer' in Afrikaans). A rap-rave group hailing from Cape Town, South Africa including Ninja, DJ HI-TEK and my new girl crush...
Yo-Landi Vi$$er



... I thought this group was a bit of a joke at first - until I did some further research. Die Antwoord represents the 'Zef' style of South Africa which urbandictionary.com defines as South African term that can be likened to 'Kitch' or 'common'. Zef style has strong 1980s influences and is stereotypically associated South African caucasians of low-middle social-economic status. However, it not necessarily a derogatory term.

"It's associated with people who soup their cars up and rock gold and shit. Zef is, you're poor but you're fancy. You're poor but you're sexy, you've got style." - Yolandi Visser



Regardless, this is so fresh.. so zef. After totally killing Coachella last year, Die Antwoord started the North American leg of their tour... I need to see them live. Ninja & Yo-Landi are fucking insane and I cannot stop listening... It might not be your thing at first - but give it a few listens and you won't be able to get enough.




And don't even get me started on how fucking hot Yo-Landi Vi$$er is... everything about this girl screams hot - albeit in a very different way than what's generally considered "hot" these days... which kinda makes her that much more hot...




BITCHIN'


Xo
-Alix Kat

4 comments:

  1. Did you see this one? http://diaryofward.com/2010/12/22/die_antwoord/#more-10573

    ReplyDelete
  2. somebody needs a mental check here: yolandi visser and the owner of the blog who finds her "hot in a different way"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, this was also posted over a year ago so of course my tastes have changed... but I do still find her quite attractive and that is my opinion at the same time I respect your opinion that you think I need a 'mental check' due to my particular tastes... but to each his own.

      thank you for sharing your comments, have a great week :)

      Delete
  3. I don't really like her style, but in spite of this it is VERY attractive! %)

    ReplyDelete