Wednesday, October 26, 2011

'Fashion fades but style is eternal' - YSL

I'd like to say that I love 'fashion' but the truth is, I don't think that's true at all. I mean, to be quite frank, I don't really give a fuck what VOGUE declares 'in' or 'out'... I'll read VOGUE from time to time (especially the September issue) but call me crazy, it's time for Anna Wintour to move on - Grace Coddington has always been the real brains of that operation...

What I really love is style. Personal, individual style - where there's life and inspiration behind someones clothes, mannerisms and way of life. Anyone can follow the world of fashion inside and out, you can read every high fashion magazine, know every top designer and describe their every collections... all of that shit can be learned or taught. Style, on the other hand can never be learned, it's something one is born with or not... Anyone who has a raw, individual style and doesn't go by the books are some of the most inspiring people to me. A website I frequent often and have also written about on my former blog TheStyleWhore features a plethora of some of the most inspiring people (style and otherwise) that I have come across in a long time...

StyleLikeU Closet Interview with Margaux Lonnberg from StyleLikeU on Vimeo.



...Such as Margaux Lonnberg. I suggest checking out her blog thekillingmoonconfused.blogspot.com (and watching the above video) for a solid dose of inspiration.

I also discovered my favorite jewelry designer Pamela Love via StyleLikeU. She designs the most amazing pieces of jewelry I have ever seen (which you can check out here @PamelaLoveNYC.com. The way she incorporates native american art and day of the dead into her pieces - how all of her personal jewelry has a meaning or story to it resonates so well with me, as I'm the same with my jewelry and personal/spiritual meanings...


Pamela Love via StyleLikeU.


I got my first finger tattoo (the ankh; upper middle finger on my right hand) after I saw Pamela's and loved how hers looked. I now fucking love my finger tattoo, I got it after a huge changing point in my life to cement/remind me of my spiritual growth and I plan for a few more.

All in all, fashion is great and fun but it's better to follow your instincts and wear what you feel comfortable in and suits you and your style... Yves Saint Laurent said it best...

No comments:

Post a Comment