Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WEEDS

So, a lot of you may or may not know I'm a huge marijuana advocate, and love to hit the bong from time to time (...or perhaps more). I love the culture surrounding marijuana too like High Times magazine, The Union: The Business Behind Getting High, Rastas, 4:20, countless books, paraphernalia and blunt/joint wraps... It may even be legal to grow and possess marijuana in Ontario (Here).

Then, there's Weeds. I started watching Weeds around my stoner phase in high school (which, is less of a phase and more of a lifestyle but no need to discuss that...) I watched all five seasons back-to-back, I think I only left my room to pee and get snacks.



Okay so first off Mary-Louise Parker is another one of my serious girl crushes, I mean seriously, look at her...

...Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin is probably the hottest pot-dealing/trafficking/growing momma around. Not to mention she's badass as fuck, and seriously plays with the big boys.

I finally got around to downloading and watching the sixth season (thank you, travel boredom) and um, OH MY GOD! I don't want to give anything away but I can tell you I did not expect a thing that happened in season six.


Now for those of you hiding under a rock Weeds is a satire/comedy/drama that airs on Showtime (not a channel for kiddies) created by Jenji Kohan. The show first aired in 2005 and won a bunch of awards, including Golden Globes and Emmys. Basically it's about a woman (Nancy Botwin) who also happens to be a widow and mother of two kids (Shane and Silas). They live in a 'Stepford Wives-esque' suburb named Agrestic and in order to keep up appearances, Nancy begins selling pot to her lawyer, accountant, friends, family... shit gets insane pretty quickly and it is so addicting. Gangsters, underground holes to Mexico, burning down cities, murder... it's got everything and all peppered with sarcasm and irony. You can purchase seasons one through six on iTunes or DVD. And of course I couldn't leave this post without a few pictures of the gorgeous Hunter Parrish (Silas Botwin/Nancys Son).
What a DREAMBOAT.






Xo
-Alix Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment