Thursday, June 23, 2011

love + witchcraft

Fortunately I didn't bring my camera out the night of the Stanley Cup final - I'm sure you've all heard about the idiots who rioted and turned the city upside down... over a hockey game? talk about sore losers. Anyway, if you want to see it (in case, you're living under a rock and haven't yet) check out youtube. I refuse to link/support any of those morons and their decisions, although there is one photo that made it's way out of the chaos that I will share.


Love Among the Ruins photographed by Richard Lam (Getty Images)


... how beautiful is that? some stories circulated that it was set up (false) or that she had been stabbed (false again) - they did however get a hold of the now infamous couple and he was trying to calm her down in all the insanity. Regardless it is an amazing photograph that came out of a truly disastrous moment.


***


anyone remember this classic?


The Craft was on Encore Avenue the other night and I couldn't have been more excited. It's been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. I've also been interested in gothic and/or witchcraft/pagan culture ever since I was a little girl... I was always influenced by the rebels and the badasses. I'd like to state here that I am, indeed, religious - however I don't stick to any one religion or subject myself to 'rules'... I consider myself an agnostic-theist (look it up). I read a lot and have recently been strongly into studying Kabbalah, the practice of magic crystals and learning how to read auras. The other day I decided I need to make a trip to Chapters and purchase a few books on paganism. I don't know much, although I know it has some to do with spirituality and energy...




... Just a few of my select picks I plan to order or hunt down in the next few days. I also really like the style and culture of 'witches'... I'm totally guilty of watching 'Charmed' religiously, and I sport the pentagram frequently (air, fire, water, earth & spirit). I'm a really free spirit and I encourage everyone to believe in what they believe in their hearts... not what society or our family told us to believe - explore, learn and stand for something - because if you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment